Create a volunteer/donation sign-up sheet that is easy to use for everyone
Resources like Volunteer Spot and Google Spreadsheets make signing up for donations and volunteer slots easy for everyone involved. Also, Doodle is another online tool that can help you schedule an event. Putting in a few minutes ahead of time to learn these tools can potentially save you time in the long run.
Once you have created your signup form, please send the link to the webmaster,firstname.lastname@example.org, so that it can be posted on the PTA site. This makes it easier for parents to find all the opportunities available.
Many WFES volunteers use Google Docs to create a spreadsheet. Here’s how to make one:
How To Set Up a Google Spreadsheet
- https://docs.google.com/#home (note: if you don’t already have a Google account, you may have to create one)
- Click on Drive from the top menu bar
- Click on Create box on the left side of the page
- Choose spreadsheet
Set it up as you would like (columns, rows, highlight cells, etc.)
- Click on Untitled Spreadsheet and give it a name
- To share it with others, click on Share in the upper right corner
It will automatically come up saying “Private – only the people listed below can access”
Click on Change and select “Anyone with the link”
- Under Access, click on Can View and update to Can Edit (this is important! This is what allows others to enter information on the spreadsheet.)
- Click Save
- It will give you a link to copy at the top (under Link to Share)
- Paste that address into the email you want to send out.
- Note: Once the hyperlink address is in the body of the email, if you want to name the link besides the default https address, click on the link and select Edit Hyperlink. In the Text to display box, type how you want the link to appear in your email.
- Make as many changes to the spreadsheet as you’d like. Every change is automatically saved.